Tuesday, February 6, 2007

I Love Shabbos

It's bearly Tuesday, and I'm already waiting for Shabbos to come in. I'm not such a huge fan of this whole weekday thing! I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I usually am exhausted by the end of the week, and feel too lazy to go to Manhattan to spend Shabbos with my brother. So I usually just eat the meals out by a friend, who lives in the neighborhood... it is soooooo convenient because his family LOVES me, and is even insulted if i don't show up for 2 weeks in a row. I love them ... almost as much as I love Shabbos! ;)

Last week, I sort of felt forced to hold Shabbos meals at my place, even though I did not at all feel up to it. My brother and 2 friends asked if they could come, and I couldn't say no since they've had me over several times for Shabbos. I ended up cooking for5 people (including me and my roomie). It wasn't that bad at all though, since we were invited out for Shabbos morning, even though it was a 45 minute walk out in the freeeezing cold. Overall, I had a great time. The inconvenience of having to cook was well worth it. I would rather have had them than not.

And by the way... yes, I made apricot chicken.... that is ALL I know how to make!

3 comments:

socialworker/frustrated mom said...

I just can't stand making shabbos plans but once shabbos comes it's great:)

smb said...

glad you had a good time

FunkyJew82 said...

swfm:

i totally hear ya! i actually made plans AGAIN. this time with less people though. i'm trying to make a good silver tip roast. wish me luck!

smb:

thanks.