Thursday, February 22, 2007

Celebrate! =)

I know I haven't written in a while, but I decided I go ahead and post something quickly. I have a test in a couple of hours, which I haven't finished studying for (wish me luck!).

Well, it seems that this month is full of birthdays, at least in my circle of friends. I've been so busy just making all these birthday parties, it's kind of exhausting. One of my friends had a pretty big party a few weeks ago at some bar. I actually knew almost everybody there (we're talking about over 100 people). I decided to invite a closeted gay friend of mine, and one of his friends. I was a little worried we would all get a too tipsy and reveal something that would make us uncomfortable in the future. Well, we all got VERY tipsy (thanks to tequila.... really... that drink should be illegal!) but thank G-d nothing crazy happened, except that my gay friend was sort of hitting on my cousin, but not in an overtly obvious way.

One of my other gay friends also had two birthday parties: One for the straights, and one for the gays. I got invited to both... aren't I special! =) I meant to go to the straight party, but couldn't make it in the end, so I had to show up to his gay party. I found out that only 13 people showed up to his first party. At his second party, only me and another guy showed up. I felt kind of bad for him, but we had fun anyway. We went ice skating, which I do not know how to do at all.

The other bday party I went to was someone who I don't even know that well, but I'm friends with the host of the party, so I decided to show up because I wanted her to show up to my party, which was coming up. It was a LAME party full of people I've seen before but never had any interest in speaking to because I thought they were kinda odd. I tried talking and making friends, but felt so uncomfortable that I immediately left after like an hour. That was a LONG hour.

Finally, came my party (well, me and my brother's bday party since our bdays fall so close together). We had about 50-60 people show up. It's not THAT many people, but everyone I wanted to show up did, and we had a GREAT time. I met new people, drank with friends, danced with others. There was even a serial butt pincher who pinched me. I kind of felt violated at first, but that quickly turned into flattery. =D
At first I was hoping to perhaps meet someone at my party, but decided this was a night dedicated only to having fun. It's bad when you have expectations to find someone at these parties, because it makes you have not such a great time in the end if you dont find that someone.

Anyway, that has been a great month so far. I also have vacation this week (President's Day Week). This weekend I'll be attending yet another birthday party, and then Purim is just around the corner.... I think I'll have to join AA next month!

Well, that's all for now. I ended up writing a lot more than I intended, and now I have less time to study! Wish me luck on my test! =)

5 comments:

Notsofrummie said...

Whats up with ya and all these gay friends, you should get yourself some straight ones and hopefully they wont be hitting on other guys even when their drunk.

socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Glad you are having so much fun and happy birthday.

A Heimishe said...

Happy Birthday! I am glad you had a great time with all those parties.

Keep posting..

FunkyJew82 said...

notsofrummie:
most of my friends are straight. i only have a handful of gay friends.

sw/fm:
thank you.

a heimishe:
thanks. i actually have 2 parties i am attending tonight. should be fun. and i'll definitely try and start posting more.

Anonymous said...

hey,

i love gay parties, they really know how to throw fun parties.

next time invite me to a gay party.

good luck and keep posting.